Listed below are those insurance payers and products with which Paris Community Hospital/Family Medical Center (PCH/FMC) has direct participation agreements:
PCH/FMC accepts ONLY the following Medicare Advantage Plans:
Health Alliance, Humana, and United Healthcare (Limited Services Only).
PCH/FMC accepts ONLY the following Illinois Medicaid Plans at our Illinois locations (PCH/FMC does not accept out of state Medicaid plans):
- Blue Cross Medicaid
- Harmony Wellcare Medicaid
- IlliniCare Medicaid
- Meridian Medicaid
- Molina Medicaid
- State of Illinois Medicaid
PCH/FMC is In Network for the following commercial plans:
(Patient responsibility may vary according to plan)
- Aetna: All Commercial plans
- Beech Street: PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (Traditional Plan): PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: Blue Choice Preferred PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: Out of State PPO
- Cigna Healthcare: HMO & PPO
- Community Health Plan of Sarah Bush Lincoln Hospital: All Products
- Coventry Health Care of Illinois: HMO & PPO
- First Health
- Health Alliance: HMO & PPO, including Exchange Plans
- Healthlink: PPO, State of IL HMO Tier 2
- HealthSmart: All Commercial plans
- Health Network, Inc: PPO
- Humana: HMO, PPO, POS & EPO
- Multiplan: PPO
- Stratose: PPO
- Private Healthcare Systems, Inc (PHCS): PPO
- United Health Care: PPO
According to the Illinois Insurance Code, “When a person presents a benefits information card, a healthcare provider shall make a good faith effort to inform the person if the health care provider has a participation contract with the insurer, health maintenance organization, or other entity identified on the card.” Under the Fair Patient Billing Act, PCH/FMC must provide written notice that:
- As a patient, you may receive separate bills for services provided by healthcare professionals affiliated with PCH/FMC. Ask about insurance coverage for visiting specialists. Not all visiting providers follow the above insurance list or are eligible for financial assistance/uninsured discounts.
- PCH/FMC will submit charges to all commercial carriers on your behalf. If your plan is not listed, we may be out-of-network, resulting in a higher out-of-pocket expense for you as determined by your insurance carrier. Furthermore, even if your insurance plan is listed, that is not a guarantee of in-network service.
- It is your responsibility to verify your insurance coverage before your visit. When verifying coverage be sure to ask your insurance carrier if your clinic provider and Paris Community Hospital are
IN-NETWORK. If not, it may result in a greater financial responsibility to you. This applies to commercial plans only.
- You are STRONGLY encouraged to obtain information on out-of-pocket expenses by calling your health plan using the toll-free telephone number on your insurance identification card.
- Contact the Financial Assistance Coordinator to determine eligibility for the Illinois Uninsured Discount or our Financial Assistance program.
Have questions about billing and insurance?
Hospital Billing Department
Medicare Billing: 217-465-2606, Ext. 4213
Commercial Insurance: 217-465-2606, Ext. 4211 or 4367
Patient Accounts Manager: 217-465-2606, Ext. 4310
Financial Assistance Coordinator: 217-465-2606, Ext. 4257