According to the Illinois Insurance Code, “When a person presents a benefits information card, a healthcare provider shall make a good faith effort to inform the person if the health care provider has a participation contract with the insurer, health maintenance organization, or other entity identified on the card.” Under the Fair Patient Billing Act, Paris Community Hospital and Family Medical Center must provide written notice that:
- As a patient, you may receive separate bills for services provided by health care professionals affiliated with Paris Community Hospital and Family Medical Center. Visiting specialists for whom we bill professional services are in network for the same payers as Paris Community Hospital and Family Medical Center providers. Other visiting specialists have different insurance contracts.
- Paris Community Hospital and Family Medical Center will submit charges to all carriers on your behalf. If your plan is not listed below, we may be out-of-network, resulting in a higher out of pocket expense for you as determined by your insurance carrier.
Furthermore, even if your insurance plan is listed below, that is not a guarantee of in-network service. Prior to receiving any non-emergency services, you should contact your insurance plan to verify that the provider is listed as a participating provider. Be aware that when you elect to utilize the services of a non-participating provider for anything other than emergency services or services approved by the insurer in advance, the basis of your benefit payment will be determined according to your insurance policy’s “out-of-network” fee schedules, which will result in a greater financial responsibility to you.
- It is your responsibility to verify your insurance coverage before your visit. When verifying coverage be sure to ask your insurance carrier if Paris Community Hospital and Family Medical Center is IN-NETWORK.
- You are STRONGLY encouraged to obtain information on out-of-pocket expenses by calling your health plan using the toll free telephone number on your insurance identification card.
- Paris Community Hospital and Family Medical Center does not have contracts with not-for-profit organizations that facilitate sharing of medical bills. Guarantors are encouraged to contact the Financial Assistance Coordinator to determine eligibility for the Illinois Uninsured Discount or our Financial Assistance program.
Listed below are those insurance payers and insurance products with which Paris Community Hospital and Family Medical Center have direct participation agreements:
Paris Community Hospital and Family Medical Center accepts ONLY the following Medicare Advantage Plans:
United Healthcare: Limited Services Only
Paris Community Hospital and Family Medical Center is In Network for the following Commercial plans:
Aetna: All Commercial plans
Beech Street: PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (Traditional Plan): PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield: Blue Choice Preferred PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield: Out of State PPO (patient responsibility may vary according to plan)
Cigna Healthcare: HMO & PPO
Community Health Plan of Sarah Bush Lincoln Hospital: All Products
Coventry Health Care of Illinois: HMO & PPO
Health Alliance: HMO & PPO, including Exchange Plans
Health Alliance Illinois Medicaid Replacement
Health Alliance Medicare Advantage
Healthlink: PPO, State of IL HMO Tier 2
HealthSmart: All Commercial plans
Health Network, Inc.: PPO
Humana: HMO, PPO, POS & EPO
Humana Medicare Advantage
Illinois Medicaid (Traditional Program)
Private Healthcare Systems, Inc (PHCS): PPO
United Health Care: PPO
United Healthcare Medicare Advantage: Limited Services Available
Paris Community Hospital and Family Medical Center accepts ONLY the following Medicaid Plans:
State of Illinois Medicaid
Have questions about billing and insurance? Contact us!
Hospital Billing Department
Medicare Billing: 217-465-2606, Ext. 4213
Commercial Insurance: 217-465-2606, Ext. 4211 or 4367
Patient Accounts Manager: 217-465-2606, Ext. 4310
Financial Assistance Coordinator: 217-465-2606, Ext. 4257